ICOM Young Member Travel Grants
Due to the situation caused by COVID-19
ICOM decided to suspend the SAREC grant program for 2020-2021
ICOM Young Member Travel Grant
International Council of Museums offer a travel grant to one of ICOM International Committee conferences for young persons under the age of 35.
The total amount of support is 1,200€. The final amount awarded to members will depend on the number of applications accepted.
APPLICATION FORM: PDF
In order to take a part in the ICOM grant programme, the applicants should be:
1. 35 years of age or under.
2. able to write and understand English fluently and be full-time museum employees.
3. individual members of ICOM and of the International Committee whose meeting they wish to attend.
4. aware that priority will be given to young members (≤ 35 years) from countries belonging to Categories 4, 3 and 2 (as defined in the membership grid available at the following address): icom.museum/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/Membership/Categories_eng.pdf
5. aware that young members who have received grants in the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017) will not be given priority for a grant in 2018.
6. up-to-date with their membership dues for 2019, 2020 and 2021.
New ICOM members who joined the organisation in 2020 must have paid their dues for 2020 and 2021.
All applications must include:
▪ the completed and signed application form
▪ a 500 words statement of the applicant’s motivation for attending the annual meeting and the benefits which he/she expects to derive from it
▪ the applicant’s curriculum vitae indicating training, work experience, publications as well as current work responsibilities within his/her institution (maximum one page)
▪ a copy of a valid travel document (passport, identity card)
▪ a letter of recommendation from the Chair of the applicant’s International or National Committee.
In awarding grants, priority will be given to those applicants:
▪ who show a good understanding of the benefits to be derived from attending the Annual Meeting of his or her International Committee.
▪ who come from countries belonging to Categories 4, 3 and 2 of the grid defined by ICOM, available at:
▪ who may obtain other sources of funding to facilitate their attendance at the meeting.
Each grantee will be required to submit a report and/or a questionnaire within two weeks following the meeting, stating his/her experience and contribution to ICOM activities and its International Committee.
The resources for this programme are limited. Applicants are required to comply with the eligibility criteria stated in this document.